Historical Maps of Essex County
Journey back in time with 367 historical maps of Essex County, dating from 1886 to present day. Experience the captivating history of Essex County through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Explore each map deeply with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Begin your historical adventure now!
Essex County maps (367)
- 1886 Map of Gloucester1886 (1886 print)Gloucester MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1886 Map of Lawrence1886 (1886 print)Lawrence MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1886 Map of Lowell1886 (1886 print)Lowell MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1888 Map of Gloucester1888 (1888 print)Gloucester MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1888 Map of Haverhill1888 (1888 print)Haverhill MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1888 Map of Lawrence1888 (1888 print)Lawrence MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1888 Map of Newburyport1888 (1888 print)Newburyport MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1888 Map of Salem1888 (1888 print)Salem MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1890 Map of Haverhill1890 (1890 print)Haverhill MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
- 1890 Map of Newburyport1890 (1890 print)Newburyport MapEssex County, MAScale: 1:62500
Top counties near Essex County
- Middlesex County Historical Maps
- Worcester County Historical Maps
- Suffolk County Historical Maps
- Norfolk County Historical Maps
- Bristol County Historical Maps
- Plymouth County Historical Maps
Frequently asked questions about Essex County historical maps
Why are historical maps of Essex County important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Essex County offer a unique perspective on the area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Essex County?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Essex County's past.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Essex County?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 367 maps available specifically for Essex County. Users can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need.
How can I contribute a historical map of Essex County that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Essex County in your collection?
The oldest map of Essex County in our collection is from 1886.
How can I download or print a map of Essex County?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use. For information on purchasing a custom print, please contact us at email@example.com.