Historical Maps of Charles County
Journey back in time with 282 historical maps of Charles County, dating from 1889 to present day. Experience the captivating history of Charles County through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Explore each map deeply with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Begin your historical adventure now!
Charles County maps (282)
- 1889 Map of Fredericksburg1889 (1889 print)Fredericksburg MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:125000
- 1890 Map of Mt. Vernon1890 (1890 print)Mt. Vernon MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:125000
- 1891 Map of Mt. Vernon1891 (1891 print)Mt. Vernon MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:125000
- 1892 Map of Brandywine1892 (1892 print)Brandywine MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
- 1892 Map of Fredericksburg1892 (1892 print)Fredericksburg MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:125000
- 1892 Map of Leonardtown1892 (1892 print)Leonardtown MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
- 1892 Map of Montross1892 (1892 print)Montross MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
- 1892 Map of Montross, 1904 Print1892 (1904 print)Montross MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
- 1892 Map of Montross, 1914 Print1892 (1914 print)Montross MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
- 1892 Map of Montross, 1920 Print1892 (1920 print)Montross MapCharles County, MDScale: 1:62500
Top counties near Charles County
- Montgomery County Historical Maps
- Prince George's County Historical Maps
- Baltimore County Historical Maps
- Baltimore City County Historical Maps
- Anne Arundel County Historical Maps
- Howard County Historical Maps
Frequently asked questions about Charles County historical maps
Why are historical maps of Charles County important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Charles County offer a unique perspective on the area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Charles County?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Charles County's past.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Charles County?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 282 maps available specifically for Charles County. Users can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need.
How can I contribute a historical map of Charles County that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at email@example.com. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Charles County in your collection?
The oldest map of Charles County in our collection is from 1889.
How can I download or print a map of Charles County?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use. For information on purchasing a custom print, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.