Historical Maps of New York
Journey back in time with 6,955 historical maps of New York, dating from 1885 to present day. Explore and discover the history of New York through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Dive deeper into each map with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Every map in our collection is also available for purchase as a framed or unframed museum-quality print for those interested interested in bringing a part of history into their home. Begin your historical adventure now!
- 1885 Map of Sheffield1885 Sheffield MapDutchess County, NY1885 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Berlin1888 Berlin MapRensselaer County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Berlin, 1963 Print1888 Berlin MapRensselaer County, NY1963 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of New Brunswick1888 New Brunswick MapRichmond County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Paterson1888 Paterson MapNew York County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Pittsfield1888 Pittsfield MapRensselaer County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Plainfield1888 Plainfield MapRichmond County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Sandy Hook1888 Sandy Hook MapRichmond County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1888 Map of Sheffield1888 Sheffield MapDutchess County, NY1888 print1:62500 scale
- 1889 Map of Brooklyn1889 Brooklyn MapBrooklyn, NY1889 print1:62500 scale
Top cities of New York
Top counties of New York
Frequently asked questions about New York historical maps
Can I purchase a physical print of a historical map of New York?
Yes! Every map in our collection can be purchased as a museum-quality print that we meticulously lay out by hand to ensure the highest quality final product. We offer a variety of sizes and prints can be either framed or unframed. Explore purchase options by clicking the "Buy Print" button on any map page.
Why are historical maps of New York important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of New York offer a unique perspective on an area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, geneologists, historians, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for New York?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into New York's past. We'll soon begin to offer historical aerial images as well.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of New York?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 6,955 maps available specifically for New York. You can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need, or browse our collection by city, county, and state.
How can I contribute a historical map of New York that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of New York in your collection?
The oldest map of New York in our collection is from 1885.
How can I download a map of New York?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use.