Historical Maps of Arkansas
Journey back in time with 3,111 historical maps of Arkansas, dating from 1879 to present day. Explore and discover the history of Arkansas through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Dive deeper into each map with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Every map in our collection is also available for purchase as a framed or unframed museum-quality print for those interested interested in bringing a part of history into their home. Begin your historical adventure now!
- 1879 Map of Cravens1879 Cravens MapFranklin County, AR1879 print1:62500 scale
- 1879 Map of Fort Smith1879 Fort Smith MapFort Smith, AR1879 print1:62500 scale
- 1879 Map of Mountain Home1879 Mountain Home MapLogan County, AR1879 print1:62500 scale
- 1879 Map of Poteau Mountain1879 Poteau Mountain MapScott County, AR1879 print1:62500 scale
- 1879 Map of Washington1879 Washington MapPope County, AR1879 print1:62500 scale
- 1887 Map of Greenwood1887 Greenwood MapGreenwood, AR1887 print1:62500 scale
- 1887 Map of Magazine Mountain #11887 Magazine Mountain #1 MapLogan County, AR1887 print1:62500 scale
- 1887 Map of Magazine Mountain #21887 Magazine Mountain #2 MapFranklin County, AR1887 print1:62500 scale
- 1887 Map of Magazine Mountain #31887 Magazine Mountain #3 MapLogan County, AR1887 print1:62500 scale
- 1887 Map of Magazine Mountain #41887 Magazine Mountain #4 MapLogan County, AR1887 print1:62500 scale
Top cities of Arkansas
Top counties of Arkansas
Frequently asked questions about Arkansas historical maps
Can I purchase a physical print of a historical map of Arkansas?
Yes! Every map in our collection can be purchased as a museum-quality print that we meticulously lay out by hand to ensure the highest quality final product. We offer a variety of sizes and prints can be either framed or unframed. Explore purchase options by clicking the "Buy Print" button on any map page.
Why are historical maps of Arkansas important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Arkansas offer a unique perspective on an area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, geneologists, historians, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Arkansas?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Arkansas's past. We'll soon begin to offer historical aerial images as well.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Arkansas?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 3,111 maps available specifically for Arkansas. You can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need, or browse our collection by city, county, and state.
How can I contribute a historical map of Arkansas that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Arkansas in your collection?
The oldest map of Arkansas in our collection is from 1879.
How can I download a map of Arkansas?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use.