Historical Maps of Gilmer County
Journey back in time with 86 historical maps of Gilmer County, dating from 1893 to present day. Experience the captivating history of Gilmer County through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Explore each map deeply with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Begin your historical adventure now!
Gilmer County maps (86)
- 1893 Map of Sutton1893 (1893 print)Sutton MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1893 Map of Sutton, 1900 Print1893 (1900 print)Sutton MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1893 Map of Sutton, 1907 Print1893 (1907 print)Sutton MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1904 Map of Vadis1904 (1904 print)Vadis MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1904 Map of Vadis, 1913 Print1904 (1913 print)Vadis MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1906 Map of Burnsville1906 (1906 print)Burnsville MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1906 Map of Burnsville, 1919 Print1906 (1919 print)Burnsville MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1906 Map of Glenville1906 (1906 print)Glenville MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1906 Map of Glenville, 1920 Print1906 (1920 print)Glenville MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1906 Map of Holbrook1906 (1906 print)Holbrook MapGilmer County, WVScale: 1:62500
Top counties near Gilmer County
- Kanawha County Historical Maps
- Berkeley County Historical Maps
- Monongalia County Historical Maps
- Cabell County Historical Maps
- Wood County Historical Maps
- Raleigh County Historical Maps
Frequently asked questions about Gilmer County historical maps
Why are historical maps of Gilmer County important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Gilmer County offer a unique perspective on the area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Gilmer County?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Gilmer County's past.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Gilmer County?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 86 maps available specifically for Gilmer County. Users can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need.
How can I contribute a historical map of Gilmer County that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at email@example.com. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Gilmer County in your collection?
The oldest map of Gilmer County in our collection is from 1893.
How can I download or print a map of Gilmer County?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use. For information on purchasing a custom print, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.