Historical Maps of Preston County
Journey back in time with 211 historical maps of Preston County, dating from 1886 to present day. Experience the captivating history of Preston County through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Explore each map deeply with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Begin your historical adventure now!
Preston County maps (211)
- 1886 Map of St. George1886 (1886 print)St. George MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1891 Map of St. George, 1895 Print1891 (1895 print)St. George MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1891 Map of St. George, 1900 Print1891 (1900 print)St. George MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1891 Map of St. George, 1903 Print1891 (1903 print)St. George MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1895 Map of Piedmont1895 (1895 print)Piedmont MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1895 Map of Piedmont, 1898 Print1895 (1898 print)Piedmont MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1895 Map of Piedmont, 1906 Print1895 (1906 print)Piedmont MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1895 Map of Piedmont, 1912 Print1895 (1912 print)Piedmont MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:125000
- 1899 Map of Oakland, 1961 Print1899 (1961 print)Oakland MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:62500
- 1900 Map of Accident1900 (1900 print)Accident MapPreston County, WVScale: 1:62500
Top counties near Preston County
- Kanawha County Historical Maps
- Berkeley County Historical Maps
- Monongalia County Historical Maps
- Cabell County Historical Maps
- Wood County Historical Maps
- Raleigh County Historical Maps
Frequently asked questions about Preston County historical maps
Why are historical maps of Preston County important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Preston County offer a unique perspective on the area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Preston County?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Preston County's past.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Preston County?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 211 maps available specifically for Preston County. Users can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need.
How can I contribute a historical map of Preston County that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at email@example.com. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Preston County in your collection?
The oldest map of Preston County in our collection is from 1886.
How can I download or print a map of Preston County?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use. For information on purchasing a custom print, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.