Historical Maps of Idaho
Journey back in time with 4,490 historical maps of Idaho, dating from 1882 to present day. Explore and discover the history of Idaho through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Dive deeper into each map with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Every map in our collection is also available for purchase as a framed or unframed museum-quality print for those interested interested in bringing a part of history into their home. Begin your historical adventure now!
- 1882 Map of Paradise1882 Paradise MapOwyhee County, ID1882 print1:250000 scale
- 1891 Map of Bear Valley, 1963 Print1891 Bear Valley MapBoise County, ID1963 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Bisuka1892 Bisuka MapAda County, ID1892 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Boise1892 Boise MapBoise, ID1892 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Camas Prairie1892 Camas Prairie MapElmore County, ID1892 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Mountain Home1892 Mountain Home MapMountain Home, ID1892 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Silver City, 1962 Print1892 Silver City MapOwyhee County, ID1962 print1:125000 scale
- 1892 Map of Silver City, 1964 Print1892 Silver City MapOwyhee County, ID1964 print1:125000 scale
- 1893 Map of Bear Valley1893 Bear Valley MapBoise County, ID1893 print1:125000 scale
- 1893 Map of Bear Valley, 1898 Print1893 Bear Valley MapBoise County, ID1898 print1:125000 scale
Top cities of Idaho
Top counties of Idaho
Frequently asked questions about Idaho historical maps
Can I purchase a physical print of a historical map of Idaho?
Yes! Every map in our collection can be purchased as a museum-quality print that we meticulously lay out by hand to ensure the highest quality final product. We offer a variety of sizes and prints can be either framed or unframed. Explore purchase options by clicking the "Buy Print" button on any map page.
Why are historical maps of Idaho important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Idaho offer a unique perspective on an area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, geneologists, historians, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Idaho?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Idaho's past. We'll soon begin to offer historical aerial images as well.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Idaho?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 4,490 maps available specifically for Idaho. You can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need, or browse our collection by city, county, and state.
How can I contribute a historical map of Idaho that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Idaho in your collection?
The oldest map of Idaho in our collection is from 1882.
How can I download a map of Idaho?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use.