Historical Maps of Taos County
Journey back in time with 161 historical maps of Taos County, dating from 1918 to present day. Explore and discover the history of Taos County through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Dive deeper into each map with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Every map in our collection is also available for purchase as a framed or unframed museum-quality print for those interested interested in bringing a part of history into their home. Begin your historical adventure now!
- 1918 Map of Abiquiu1918 Abiquiu MapTaos County, NM1918 print1:125000 scale
- 1918 Map of Tusas1918 Tusas MapTaos County, NM1918 print1:125000 scale
- 1953 Map of Ojo Caliente, 1955 Print1953 Ojo Caliente MapOjo Caliente, NM1955 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Ojo Caliente, 1957 Print1953 Ojo Caliente MapOjo Caliente, NM1957 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Ojo Caliente, 1981 Print1953 Ojo Caliente MapOjo Caliente, NM1981 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Trampas, 1955 Print1953 Trampas MapTaos County, NM1955 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Trampas, 1965 Print1953 Trampas MapTaos County, NM1965 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Trampas, 1975 Print1953 Trampas MapTaos County, NM1975 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Truchas, 1955 Print1953 Truchas MapTaos County, NM1955 print1:24000 scale
- 1953 Map of Truchas, 1963 Print1953 Truchas MapTaos County, NM1963 print1:24000 scale
Top cities related to Taos County
Top counties related to Taos County
Frequently asked questions about Taos County historical maps
Can I purchase a physical print of a historical map of Taos County?
Yes! Every map in our collection can be purchased as a museum-quality print that we meticulously lay out by hand to ensure the highest quality final product. We offer a variety of sizes and prints can be either framed or unframed. Explore purchase options by clicking the "Buy Print" button on any map page.
Why are historical maps of Taos County important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Taos County offer a unique perspective on an area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, geneologists, historians, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Taos County?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Taos County's past. We'll soon begin to offer historical aerial images as well.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Taos County?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 161 maps available specifically for Taos County. You can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need, or browse our collection by city, county, and state.
How can I contribute a historical map of Taos County that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at email@example.com. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Taos County in your collection?
The oldest map of Taos County in our collection is from 1918.
How can I download a map of Taos County?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use.