Historical Maps of Kansas
Journey back in time with 3,561 historical maps of Kansas, dating from 1884 to present day. Explore and discover the history of Kansas through detailed topographic maps, featuring cities, landmarks, and geographical changes. Dive deeper into each map with our interactive high-resolution viewer and extensive library data. Every map in our collection is also available for purchase as a framed or unframed museum-quality print for those interested interested in bringing a part of history into their home. Begin your historical adventure now!
- 1884 Map of Fort Scott, 1954 Print1884 Fort Scott MapFort Scott, KS1954 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Atchison, 1954 Print1885 Atchison MapAtchison, KS1954 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Burlington1885 Burlington MapBurlington, KS1885 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Eskridge1885 Eskridge MapEskridge, KS1885 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Eureka1885 Eureka MapEureka, KS1885 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Garnett1885 Garnett MapGarnett, KS1885 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Lawrence, 1957 Print1885 Lawrence MapLawrence, KS1957 print1:125000 scale
- 1885 Map of Sedan, 1960 Print1885 Sedan MapSedan, KS1960 print1:125000 scale
- 1886 Map of Fort Scott1886 Fort Scott MapFort Scott, KS1886 print1:125000 scale
- 1886 Map of Fredonia1886 Fredonia MapFredonia, KS1886 print1:125000 scale
Top cities of Kansas
Top counties of Kansas
Frequently asked questions about Kansas historical maps
Can I purchase a physical print of a historical map of Kansas?
Yes! Every map in our collection can be purchased as a museum-quality print that we meticulously lay out by hand to ensure the highest quality final product. We offer a variety of sizes and prints can be either framed or unframed. Explore purchase options by clicking the "Buy Print" button on any map page.
Why are historical maps of Kansas important for research and professional purposes?
Historical maps of Kansas offer a unique perspective on an area's past, making them invaluable for environmental consultants, surveyors, legal professionals, geneologists, historians, and hobbyists alike. They are used in environmental site assessments, lot line research, and land dispute resolution.
What types of historical maps are available for Kansas?
Our diverse collection includes detailed topographic maps from the United States Geological Survey's Historical Topographic Map Collection as well as from a variety of public and private collections we've sourced, each providing a unique glimpse into Kansas's past. We'll soon begin to offer historical aerial images as well.
What advanced features do you offer for professional use?
We offer advanced features including 3D terrain visualization, georeferencing, customizeable base maps, multi-layering capabilities, and annotation tools. These features allow for in-depth analysis, customization, and report building utilizing our historical map collection.
How can I find a specific historical map of Kansas?
Our platform has over 185,000 fully digitized and interactive maps, and 3,561 maps available specifically for Kansas. You can easily filter and search by address, place, date, scale, or landmark to find the specific map they need, or browse our collection by city, county, and state.
How can I contribute a historical map of Kansas that's not in your collection?
We welcome contributions! If you have a map that isn't in our collection, reach out to us at email@example.com. We can assist with digitizing individual maps or entire collections.
What is the oldest map of Kansas in your collection?
The oldest map of Kansas in our collection is from 1884.
How can I download a map of Kansas?
Every map in our collection can be freely downloaded as a high-resolution GeoTIFF or GeoPDF file. You can use this file with mapping software or print it out for personal use.